On Friday, May 16, 2014 renowned Jazz violinist San Murata returns with Juno award-winning Mark Kieswetter on keyboards! Rumour has it that celebrated bass player Howard Baer will be joining them! San Murata’s art will also be exhibited at the cafe to celebrate Art in The Park in Warkworth.
Space Limited – Book Ahead
Space is limited, so please call or drop in to reserve your tickets for this fantastic, intimate evening of stellar jazz! Cover charge – $10 .Doors open 6pm. Music from 7 – 9pm.We will offer a simple menu available from 6pm. (not included in cover charge) .
San Murata would like to give a special thank you to all the musicians who have played with him over the years and taught him about jazz. Eimei Yoshikawa, Norman Amadio, Jim McBirnie, Bob George, Jake Langley, Ken G, Danny McErlain, Gary Benson, Tony Quarrington, Beverly Taft, Jack Zorawski, Reg Schwager, Koji Hori, and especially Mark Kieswetter. Thanks to the generosity of these wonderful players. San has been able to enjoy making music in Toronto for nearly twenty years.
San is also a celebrated artist and his paintings and prints have been exhibited in Canada, Japan and France. We are delighted to exhibit a selection of his recent paintings and prints at Our Lucky Stars.
Versatile pianist Mark Kieswetter has performed alongside jazz greats including Zoot Sims, Jack Sheldon and James Moody. For over three years, he was the musical director for the legendary Jon Hendricks, working with him in developing the large vocal ensemble “Vocalstraâ”, and performing at such venues as the International Association of Jazz Educators in New York and the Sorbonne in Paris.
Mark has played in the orchestra for many professional touring companies, has performed on many recordings, including Juno nominated “The Beat Goes On” (Emilie-Claire Barlow ) and “Bread and Buddha” (Harry Manx), and also acted as MD on several recently released albums, including “Stealing Genius” (Amy McConnell & William Sperandei) “I Could Laugh Out Loud” (Ilana Waldston) and “Everybody’s Here” (Whitney Ross-Barris).
Mark also released a duo CD “Green Edge Sky, Green Edge Sun” with Toronto bassist Ross MacIntyre in 2011 and they will be releasing a new recording in 2013.
Jazz Menu, May 16, 2014
- Cheese plate – A selection of local cheeses with fruit and baguette.$14.95
- Provencal White Bean Dip with Crudite – A garlicky puree of cannellini beans, olive oil and herbs served with baguette and raw vegetables. Nice to share! $8.95
- Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Soup – Ontario mushrooms and onions, herbs & sherry in a clear vegetarian broth served with baguette $5.50
- Boeuf Bourguinon – Glovers’ Black Angus beef, Ontario mushrooms & onions in red wine, served with roasted local potatoes & baguette – $12.95
- Ratatouille – Provencal vegetarian stew of eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, Ontario mushrooms, onions and herbs served with baguette – $10.95
- Salade Nicoise – Chunk Tuna, locally grown tomatoes, potatoes, Art Farm organic hard boiled egg, green beans and olives with our Lucky greens & homemade dressing. $12.95
- Chocolate Espresso Cake – Flourless! Made with Callebaut chocolate, Laver’s eggs, Stirling butter and coffee roasted on the premises. Served with raspberry compote. $6.95
A selection of coffee, tea, home-made ice tea and other drinks are available.
Pre-ordering your menu selection if at all possible would be greatly appreciated.
Please note, we do not have a liquor licence and accept cash only. With thanks!