Our menu changes daily but here’s a sample of some of our signature fare and current favourites. We aim to always have a vegetarian, gluten-free and dairy-free option. We choose local, fresh, natural ingredients whenever possible and make everything on the menu ‘from scratch’. We typically offer a selection of baked goods, a soup of the day, a couple of sandwiches, a couple of salads, quiche and a hot dish of the day. Call us to find out what’s available today!
Sweet Treats – a daily selection of some of our favourites*…! Oh, and we bake with Stirling butter!
- Raspberry White Chocolate Scones $2.50
- Lucky Power Pucks – Our secret mix of dried fruit & nuts to kick start your engine. $3.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – A classic with more oats than anything! $2.50
- Double Espresso Brownies – With a mocha butter cream icing $3.25
- Banana Blueberry Bran Muffins – with local berries, flax, less sugar, more goodness!! $2.75
- Blondies – Butterscotch brownies with walnuts. $3.25
- Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake. $4.25
- Lemon Bars – Sweet and tart and delicious. $2.50
- Multigrain croissants – with Stirling butter & homemade jam $3.
Daily Soup- We offer one or two soup choices every day. Our soup is made from scratch with our homemade vegetarian broth. Served with The Bakery bread & Stirling butter – $6.
- Carrot Ginger – Ontario carrots, ginger, homemade vegetarian stock, pureed into a creamy thick deliciousness!
- Curried Butternut Squash – Local squash, onions, celery and carrots pureed in our homemade vegetarian broth lightly spiced with curry .
- Beef Barley – Made with Glover’s beef, barley and vegetables in our home-made broth.
- Caramelized Onion & Mushroom Soup – A blend of Ontario mushrooms in a rich, clear homemade vegetarian broth.
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup – Chunks of tomato in our home-made vegetarian broth with fresh herbs.
- Classic Split Pea Soup – split peas, carrots, onions, potatoes and herbs in our vegetarian broth.
- Corn Chowder – A dairy free chowder of corn, potatoes, onions, celery and carrots with our homemade vegetarian broth.
Salads – In the warmer weather we offer two or three salads a day – here’s a taste of some our current favourites!
- Lucky Greens – a year ‘round favourite – Spinach, arugula, kale red and green leafy lettuce, celery, cranberries and nuts & seeds, our FAMOUS home-made salad dressing with honey from St. Ambrose of Norham or Sandy Flats Maple Syrup. $8.50Add CrossWind goat cheese + $4.50
- Quinoa Salad – Organic quinoa with apricots, almonds, red pepper, peas, chickpeas, celery, with a bed of greens in a mildly spiced dressing. $12.95
- Salade Nicoise – Italian tuna and olives, with Laver’s egg and potatoes tossed with our garlic scape pesto, our home-grown beans with fresh basil, local tomatoes and greens $12.95.
- Curried Chicken Salad – chicken chunks, celery, apples, green onion in a curry yoghurt mayonnaise dressing served on a bed of greens. $12.95
- Lemon Chicken, Artichoke Hearts & Celery Salad – Chuncks of Three Rds chicken breast, artichoke hearts, celery with in a light lemon dressing on a bed of arugula and spinach. $12.95
Sandwiches – a daily selection of two or three sandwiches which may include:
- Grilled Cheddar & Chutney – Award winning Empire Extra Old Cheddar, our homemade apple onion chutney made with local apples, multigrain bread. Served w a local apple $8.
- Genoa Panini – Our home-made pesto, Genoa Salami, Empire Mozzarella, arugula on a ciabatta, grilled. Side of roasted red peppers$8.50
- Grilled Mushroom Panini – Grilled mushrooms, our own black pesto, Cross Wind Farm’s goat cheese and arugula on a ciabatta bun. & olives. $8.50
- Ham & Brie – Franz award winning ham, Ontario Brie, Ace Baguette with grainy dijon, warmed and served with gherkins. $9.
- Curried Egg Salad – Laver’s eggs in a curry mayo with red peppers and celery served on pumpernickel. $7.50
- Tuna Wrap – Chunk Tuna, arugula, lettuce, cucumbers, capers in a lemony mayonnaise on a whole wheat wrap. $8.00
- Ploughman’s Lunch – An English pub classic with Empire cheddar, Franz Kolbassa, Hard boiled egg, pickled onions, gherkin, cucumber, tomato, chutney and bread. $10.95
Hot Stuff – A daily ‘hot dish’ for the fall and winter features a stew or curry, savoury pie or other warming fare! QUICHE & Salad is always available year ’round! We offer a crustless quiche or traditional made with our homemade pastry!
- Quiche Lorraine – Laver’ s eggs, MapleDale Swiss, Franz ham, Ontario onions, our home-made pie crust, served with a generous side of Lucky Greens. $12.95
- Spinach & Feta Quiche – Laver’ s eggs, feta cheese, spinach, served with a generous side of Lucky Greens. $12.95
- Vegetarian Chili – Thick and hearty, you won’t miss the meat! Tomatoes, beans, sweet potatoes, corn & onion – with spices & a dash of dark cocoa and cinnamon! Served with The Bakery Warkworth bread & Stirling butter. $8.50
- Tourtierre: Our homemade pastry, local heritage pork, Glovers potatoes and onions and herbs and spices, served with salad and a side of our apple or tomato chutney.
- Beef & Ale Stew – Glover’s beef stewed in Northumberland ale with Ontario carrots & potatoes, celery and onions. $12.95
- Chicken Curry – Chunks of Three Roads chicken curried with tomatoes, carrots, chickpeas and onions and spices and served with rice and raita. $12.95
PLEASE! Let us know if you have any food allergies!